I just realised, right now, right in this exact moment, that I am happier than I’ve been in ages. I’m surrounded by academic and familial and friendship stress, and yet right now I am calm, assured, confident, clear-headed and content. Fingers crossed this feeling lasts for a little while. I could get used to it.
Is this even a debate who should be elected??
Americans, youre election will affect not just the USA, but many parts of the world.
Be smart about that shit please.
STFU, Conservatives: We should ban life jackets and other flotation devices. They only encourage risky behavior. The only 100% effective way... →
And if you do, by chance, find yourself struggling with drowning, then no life-saving or otherwise procedure or act should be allowed to be administered. You got yourself into this mess, you have to live with the consequences.
You should see drowning as a gift.
I am a Teenage Feminist: digivolvin: marlinpieisgod: digivolvin: the hardest part about being a... →
the hardest part about being a feminist is knowing that one day soon i will grow 15 feet and my arms will shrink and i will become a t-rex with an insatiable appetite for man blood
and there’s nothing i can do to stop it
This is an example of what I hate.
Being against gay marriage does not mean homophobia. A lot of people are against it because of their religion, but think about that for a minute. Why is that religion against it? The Gods of many religions know a great deal more than we do, and can see problems we don’t see. Could it be that same-sex marriage is simply not ideal? It’s possible to be against same-sex marriage, and not be homophobic.
Did you not see that the entire premise of this chart is to show why people think being gay is sinful and thus wrong for them to marry? This whole entire chart is debunking every single reason why people would be against it for “religious reasons”.
Also, if you are against gay marriage, then you are anti-gay. Just try and convince me otherwise.
When I posted this chart a minute ago, I didn’t realize it was already going around Tumblr. Oops. Anyways, this^ is a beautiful takedown. If you are against marriage equality, then you want to deny rights to people because of their sexuality, and that is homophobia. Sorry not sorry. If you’re against gay marriage you’re a homophobe. You can dress it up however you want, however you need to justify yourself that your decision is rational and not at all based on a faulty understanding of a religious text, but that doesn’t make it true.
if you don’t understand things like being bigender, that doesn’t mean those things aren’t real
I mean, I don’t understand calculus, but I know that’s real because I almost failed it
Powerless not to re-blog.
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.